Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Always read your Contracts!!!

I recently was in a situation with a company that didn't have one of their "policies" on their contract. Now I won't name this company because I don't want to throw them under the bus, but I think it's important to say.

Always, Always, double-triple read your contract with each vendor you hire. Some contracts can be 3 pages long and have fine print, please read it!!  It's not a waste of time, it may help you at the end.

This certain company I just worked with had a "waiting time fee" as one of their policies which was nowhere on their contract, and wanted to charge my Bride/Groom this fee. Since they had a credit card on file they thought they could just swipe the card for this non explained fee on the contract! Not only is this not right, this is illegal!!!

Before you sign away, always ask if there are any hidden policies, or "extra" fees that aren't on the contract, this may be a Red Flag!

Just trying to help my clients to be very careful when signing without reading the contract!

2 comments: